15 unexpected celebrity career starts
Before reaching where they are now, many Hollywood celebrities have had fascinating and unexpected beginnings. The only reason most people never start is because they don’t want to be seen starting at the bottom.
Take a look at 15 actors who had some of the most unexpected beginnings of their careers:
1. Before making his film debut in teen comedy Bad girls, Amanda Seyfried was a model for fantasy novels for teenagers. She was the face of the Victoria Martin trilogy.
2. Macaulay Culkin had over 6 years of acting experience before being chosen Alone at home. Culkin made his stage debut when he was only 4 years old at the Manhattan Symphony Space in a play called “Bach Babies”.
3. Before starring in top-notch movies like The Emoji movie and Eight of the ocean James Corden made his film debut with the horror comedy, Lesbian vampire slayers.
4. Before he makes his entrance Musical High School, Zac Efron was on a TV show with Jesse
McCartney and Aunt Becky
5. Lucy Hale was part of the American Idol spin off American juniors before landing his decisive role in Pretty Little Liars. Hale finished fourth in the singing competition.
6. 4 years before she became a world pop star with her hit, ‘Call me May be’, Carly Rae Jepsen was ranked third on the Canadian Idol reality show.
7. Katy Perry was only 16 when she started her career as a Christian artist. Prior to her controversial 2007 hit, “Ur So Gay,” Katy Perry performed under her real name Katy Hudson. His self-titled album Christian from 2001 flopped.
8. Jack Antonoff’s debut band performed in late night shows in 2009. He was performing with his band Steel Train. He would continue to be in The format, who met with slight success before founding the most popular group Amusing.
9. Ariana Grande started doing musical theater at the age of eight. Her first role was as Annie in a community theater production in Florida. She landed a role on Broadway for 13 when she was 15 before she was dumped Victorious.
10. Lin-Manuel Miranda played a small role in the crime drama The Sopranos. In 2007, just a year before his Broadway debut of In the heights, Lil-Manuel delivered only one dialogue as a bellhop on the show.
11. Kirsten Dunst was just a child when she first appeared on camera. Dunst was a model baby and got his first paid gig on a Baby Sitter’s Club blanket
13. When Keanu Reeves made his on-camera debut, he did so with Drew Barrymore for a campy vacation movie. The TV movie taught children the true meaning of Christmas: playing with toys.
14. Jack Gleeson, best known for his role as the critically acclaimed Joffrey Baratheon in Game Of Thrones played a cute kid in Batman Begins.
15. Michael Keaton’s first on-screen project was Mr. Rogers’ neighborhood. He worked at a PBS station and occasionally worked with the Rogers crew.
Follow us for more entertainment and celebrity updates on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Letterboxd